Monday, April 16, 2007

Birthday Take Two! (make that six!)

Happy Birthday Alexander!!

xan shows us just how big he is! six years old...i can hardly believe it! being the wanna-be intrepid deep sea explorer that he is, xander decided to see if he could throw me off my game by requesting an "anglerfish cake". um....okay....


here is the proud birthday boy with the aforementioned cake...i think i did pretty good, don't you? the teeth are white chocolate and the eye is a reese's peanut butter egg. :)


close up...before i realized my terrible mistake. i only put on 5 candles! we had to sing twice.


blow baby, blow! keeping with the deep sea theme, alexander chose to go to the aquarium for his birthday rather than have a "friend party". how cute is that? he wanted to have a "family fun day". oh, and just a funny little thing...we went during passover week, so there were hundreds of hasidic jews there with their big hats, long coats and beards. we were a small island of mormons in a sea of jews...LOL!

even though it was xander's day, hadley stole the show, as usual....here she is dancing at the aquarium.


alexander in the shark tunnel. it's really, really hard to take a good picture in the shark tunnel, by the way.

finally, a photo of me...and yes, that shark DID go on to eat the entire city of philadelphia that you see in the background...CHOMP CHOMP!!!

it's practially impossible to get a decent picture of me with the kids....which gets your vote? why not submit a caption?

photo #1


photo #2

as always i LOVE comments! it's the only way i can tell that anyone is reading this at all. so, come on all you shy readers...come out of your shell and say something already!

10 comments:

mindi said...

holy cake-baking master! that is truly amazing!!! and you look BEAUTIFUL in the photo's!

spyderette said...

awwww...you are too sweet. but then again, i DID change my profile picture to the one from the aquarium...and i was pretty proud of the cake too.

Laura said...

I think that cake is hilarious. I might just request one like that for my birthday this year myself.

My little sister and my mum are really creative when it comes to birthday cakes. I'll need to post a few pictures so you can see...

PS. I used to be a bee keeper too ;)

Lori said...

Hello...If I had a blog these are the same things I would be posting about. We just had a b-day party yesterday evening, one this afternoon, one tomorrow afternoon & finally one tomorrow evening. :) It seems a lot of babies are born in the Spring! I miss you lots. I LOVE the pictures of your kids. Jim was blown away by how BIG & beautiful Hadley is! Keep up the blogging & maybe it will inspire me to start one as well.

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! Look at that cake! Who knew anglerfish could look so delicious?! You did a great job on that cake! You really need to submit that to Family Fun or Parents magazine! :)

Amy aka Daisy

michelle said...

What cute pictures! You did an amazing job on the cake. I am going to take a cake decorating class this summer. I have little skills in that department. Have a wondeful day!

Laura said...

Wow, great cakes and cool birthdays! Your kids are so cute and LUCKY to have such a creative mom!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is you must get your cake decorating abilities from your mother!
?

spyderette said...

hmmm...this must be my mother leaving a comment! :)

Anonymous said...

That is a great cake. And what a great picture of you.