Sunday, January 25, 2009

Easter Dresses

at an outing to a local fabric shop with some friends, i was talked into purchasing fabric to make matching easter dresses for my daughters. i have NEVER sewed much of anything before, let alone dresses! however, the pattern seemed simple and i had plenty of support from seamstress friends (thanks cyd and marisa!), so i decided to give it a go.


i'm so pleased with the finished products and had so much fun making them! i think i might make a couple more for summer play dresses and may try lengthening the bodice pattern and making some cute summer tops.
the pattern is "claire" by portabellopixie (with slight alterations) and fabrics are from Sandi Henderson's "farmer's market" collection.
now, where's that free skirt pattern cyd mailed me?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job, Honey!! You are becoming so domesticated!! l love the fabrics you picked.
Maybe you ought to go into the business
All My Love
Mom

LizzyP said...

CUTE! You girls are so crafty. I think I saw someone after church showing off the dress she's made, too. I love it.

Shelley Jones said...

Okay, those fabrics look *nothing* like I pictured them. But I love them--the dresses look great!

Stitchingpink said...

They look great! I'm very impressed!

mindi said...

wow, sis! i am so impressed. nice job. seriously.