Monday, July 17, 2006

Upstairs Tour Part 2


Here is Alexander showing off the cool envelope he decorated to put game pieces for tonight's FHE game in. It's a fun game using stairs to illustrate how right choices move us in one direction, while wrong choices move us in another. Hope it goes over well. Anyone interested can get the lesson online.














Before we moved, Alan had too much time on his hands and painted custom switchplates for both kid's rooms. Cute, huh?



















Alexander's room, featuting his little reading corner and his cute superhero picture of Jesus that Joey (Alan's friend) painted for him. His closet takes up the entire wall to the left...2 of the 3 sections of it are filled with Christmas decorations, etc. So far has obeyed the off-limits rule. (Knock on wood!)















Here is another view of Alexander's room...a better vview. Look, he has a window and everything! He loves watching the squirrels in the pine trees outside, and the birds too. His space curtains are still the coolest thing I've ever made. :)







Kids bathroom. Pretty exciting, eh? It's actually kind of sage green and the yellow curtain really brightens it up in there. Much brighter than in the photo anyway. But the lightswitch is wired to the loudest fan ever. So annoying. Notice Hadley's potty chart there on the mirror. She's currently in a state of potty rebellion. I think I need to take a hardcore approach and stay at home with her in underwear or naked for a week. White carpet and hardcore potty training don't mix, though.












Here is Hadley proudly showing off her room. The big pink flower on the wall is a lamp. So cute! Today, over by her door, I hung her coatrack low and put her dress-ups on the pegs, hung a low mirror, and included a basket to hold her purse, high heels, necklaces, etc. She's really getting into this dress-up thing...I will post pictures of her in full princess garb soon.














Hadley's custom painted lightswitch. Since Alan had to paint her room before we arrived, she got the full treatment with outlet covers too. Her entire room was once the color of the butterflies on this switchplate. Seriously.















View 2 of Hadley's room. She was so excited when we hung up her robot girl painting.

5 comments:

Petite Impact said...

i remember hadley's old room. it was sooooo pretty. i wish i had a dad that would paint me some clouds.

Lindsey said...

We had the really noisy fan problem when we moved in too, 1.5 years later Jake pryed the fan down, undid a wire, put it back up, and voila! AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

I went potty all by myself

spyderette said...

awww, i'm so PROUD of you! ;) and thanks for making me laugh, myq!

Uncle Guppy said...

Looks like your getting settled in. I'm to chicken to up and move across country. I'm a bit jealous of you guys. But just a bit.

I must have some phobia... decampaphobia? I was hesitant to job search out of the area when I was looking for a job.

I took you guys for granted when you were here. Now I miss you guys. You know how it is you get all caught up in your own life, Blah Blah Blab.

I am enjoying your blog... Jen and me gotta come visit sometime.

-matt