Sunday, October 01, 2006

Completed Projects. Batgirl Gift Spoiler! WARNING!!!

Here are the projects I've been working on this weekend.

I finished the sweater for Hadley, all except the buttons. Looks like I'm destined for JoAnn's tomorrow. It buttons all the way down the left side with 6 buttons. Hadley chose the yarn herself, and I was a bit leary about it, but it turned out beautifully. It is mostly purple with varigated colors of aqua, pink, and magenta. The trim is from my yarn stash. It's bright purple/magenta and very fuzzy and soft.

Next is the handbag I did for Batgirl. I confess that I want one for myself now. But as my best friend pointed out, "well, for one thing, you're 33." Yeah, THANKS A LOT!!! :) But seriously, I think I might make one anyway. I think it's super cute. And now that I know the basics of crocheting an image I have all sorts of great ideas.

Isn't it cute!? I call it the skele-purse! Hopefully, I can mail it tomorrow or the next day. Here's another view, to show the size a bit better. Oh, and I don't really have a hunchback, as it appears in the photo below.



Whoo-hoo! I love it. Morning session of conference left me with half a baby sweater completed for the neighbor who gave Alan a ride to the train station every day. She had a baby boy about 2 weeks ago. His sweater is olive green with pumpkin-colored trim and is the same basic design as Hadley's. I think I can finish it during afternoon session. All except for those pesky buttons.

xoxox








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bag is awesome-she'll love it! And sorry about the age thing. If it makes you feel any better, I'm even older than you are. :)

Petite Impact said...

eh heck with it! you don't look your age for one thing!!! no one has to know! that skull bag is awesome. make one for yourself and make it BIG! you are one crafty chick.

Marina Collings Whiting said...

you really dont look your age, but OH MY FLIPPIN HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LØVE IT TO FLIPPING DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!