Friday, August 29, 2008

more of miss ruby (because we can't get enough!)

first (sponge) bath:

when we first lay her down on the kitchen countertop, she was NOT a happy camper.


all swaddled up getting her hair washed...she LOVES it, strangely enough and is calm and happy for the rest of her bathtime.
clean, happy baby, post-bath. smelling like johnson's cucumber melon lotion -- YUM! babylicious!

ruby sleeps most of the time still, so I was excited to get this photo of her all dolled up and awake after her bath. I think this might be my favorite pic so far...in fact, it's going up on the family photo ledge tomorrow!

after that first picture (above) she promptly fell asleep. baths, apparently, are exhausting.
ready for her closeup, whether she realizes it or not.



10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Absolutely darling!

Your house is looking fab! You guys sure have been working hard!

Chiemi said...

She is so adorable!!

Lori said...

She looks like a little Xander getting her hair shampooed. I also discovered how much little baby girls lurrrve getting their hair washed. She is too sweet! Thanks for the home tour...it was great.

the meyersons said...

RUBYLICIOUS! She's too stinking cute for words.

Julie said...

Ruby is darling! Such a cute baby!

sissyann said...

She is beautiful!!! I love her cheeks! :)

Lindsey said...

So cute, I too want to slurp the cheeks :) I can't wait until my little one can wear cute clothes, she currently only gets to wear onesies every day due to her long-skinnyness.

Laura said...

She's gorgeous. What a doll. I love her name too. My little sister has nieces called Ruby and Amber. Cuteness.
Have you heard the song 'Ruby' by the Kaiser Chiefs? Love it!

A Crone's Life said...

I love the floors. Your house is adorable. But your baby is even cuter.

tookiecramer said...

Congratulations. I love little Ruby's round face and her darling name. Your house is looking so cute - it makes me almost sad we are selling our little fixer upper. It's good to hear how you are all doing. You looked beautiful at the hospital. You guys take care!