Sunday, August 24, 2008

BABY MAKES 5!

Introducing Miss Ruby!
Born: Friday, August 22 6:46 pm EST
Weight: 7 pounds 14 ounces
Length: 21 3/4"
Here's Ruby in her special hat her favorite nurse made just for her. Apparenty she developed quite a reputation because a new nurse came in our room this morning and said "Oh, so YOU'RE the one with the pretty hat Ruby!"

Here I am, bright and early Friday morning, happy to be about the business of getting the baby OUT of my belly!


Our chubby-cheeked little sweetie, moments after being born -- already tagged for ID.


Ruby is the BIGGEST of my 3 kids -- almost 8 pounds! (For reference, X was 7lbs 1oz and H was 6lbs 10oz). I can't believe this huge baby was in there!


Proud and happy daddy! We can tell you by the clock in the background that Ruby is less than an hour old in this photo.
Meeting mommy for the first time. I was amazed by the chubby cheeks (just like the ultrasound pic on Alan's blog ). Also, she actually has a good amount of hair!


Another pic of me and my girl.

The kids came over the next day, because after I was feeling okay and had some food, it was already after 9:30. They were SO excited to meet her -- wide-eyed and quiet like Christmas morning magic!
The best shot I could get of my family -- they were a bit wiggly and giggly by this point.
A proud and excited big brother.
A proud and thrilled big sister. (The nurse made them each special wristbands to wear when they came to visit. A pink one labeled "Big Sister" and a blue one labeled "Big Brother" -- I think you can see Xander's in this photo.

Me snuggling Ruby on Saturday afternoon. At this point, little miss still didn't have a name! It took us awhile this time -- sorry to all you impatiently waiting....and waiting...you weren't the only ones! Most of her hospital paperwork says "Baby Girl Peck". When they brought her in after dinner on Saturday she had a new "Ruby" namecard in her bassinette. In the middle of the night (4am) the nurse brought her in and told me they all loved her name and that she was crying and mad, and bright red -- they said "Ruby's got her red dress on!" She does turn a lovely shade of ruby red when she's really mad! :)

Sunday morning, ready to go home. Still love the diva fancy hat.


Snug and ready to roll.
One more cute pic of each kid with the new baby. They were SO excited when we came home. We could see Hadley's beaming face through the window where she was perched waiting for us. (Wonder how long she sat there?)
She's so happy to finally be "a big sister AND a little sister".


We are home and happy and doing well. We welcome all phone calls and visitors (give a call first).

Quick shout outs and thank-you's to Cyd and Jenn for lots of babysitting, to Liz for saving me from a mental breakdown, and to Lisa for being our first official visitor and welcoming committee! (The cookies were divine -- I have devoured far more than my share already -- YUM!)








29 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!
Congratulations!
So cute!

Tracy said...

Awww, she's so cute!! Congratulations!

Shelly said...

Love that name--Ruby!

Petite Impact said...

Ruby is such a pretty name. Congrats!!

ME said...

CONGRATS! I was getting worried- I'm so glad she is here and all is well. I'll be over soon- you know I'm not much of a cook but would love to visit and bring a pizza- we'll have to set up a play date with the girls!
Much Love, Rachael and Joe

Lori said...

I love that they made her a special hat...too cute. She is beautiful & has a lovely name. Congratulations Pecks!

Cathy said...

Congratulations, you two make adorable kids!

CYD said...

Lovin' the name Ruby. What a doll. Congrats and we'll see you soon!! (and I'm secretly hating you for looking good in your photos.)

Lady D said...

Beautiful Baby. Congrats guys. Maybe will come out to visit you guys soon. I haven't been to nyc in six years. hugs to your whole family.

Julie Collings said...

may i say what a truly beautiful mother you are.
your ruby is gorgeous. i am so very happy for you all. love from springville, julie

Stitchingpink said...

Can't wait to meet her! She's lovely! Congratulations!

Chiemi said...

What a sweet little girl!! She is so cute! I love the name ruby. Totally adorable. Congrats!

amy said...

yeah for baby ruby! she is a little dreamy popcicle, and i can't wait to meet her. nice job, guys!

Laura said...

congrats! we are SO happy for you guys. mommy and babe look beautiful (no surprise), and we love the name!

Mrs. Walker said...

She's so adorable! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

So, so, SO cute, and you look amazing!

Lindsey said...

I still can't get over those cheeks!

Kristin said...

So sweet! Can't wait to meet her. And I'm with Cyd...i am secretly hating you for looking so good!

LizzyP said...

Finally! She's here. Hooray! I love the name. I can't get over how cute of a name that is. What a cute girl to go with a such a cute name. Good job, Pecks!

the meyersons said...

HURRAY!! Teeny tiny is finally here! Ruby is gorgeous and her divine little hat just accentuates her preciousness! Congratulations everyone!

sissyann said...

What a beautiful family you have!!! Glad to hear it all went well.

Kizzie said...

oh my gosh, she's adorable! And I love her name, so cute!!
Congratulations!

Sherwoods said...

Congrats you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! A perfect addition to your family. You truly are blessed!

Uncle Guppy said...

Very nice, she is beautiful... Congratulations guys...

-Matt

mindi said...

I love that little Buddha girl! Can't wait to squish those cheeks! You both look beautiful!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What is up with you looking so georgeous before and after birth? I guess that's why Ruby's so beautiful as well as your whole family.
Enjoy three! It's a lot of fun!

Amy said...

She is gorgeous! It makes me a tiny bit baby hungry, but not enough to have another. Congratulations!

Kelli said...

Ruby is adorable. It is always so fun to bring a baby home from the hospital.