Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baby Blessing

in our church, it is customary to give the baby a name and a blessing in a semi-formal ordinance. it is usually held in the church building, but can be held elsewhere if you make prior arrangements, which we did. ruby was blessed at home on october, 5th surrounded by friends from our ward family and we were fortunate enough to have my parents be able to come as well.

ruby was happy to be the center of attention on her special day.

super happy.
most of the time.

she is wearing a vintage christening dress. :) my mother made it for me when i was a baby. she is also wearing a tiny gold ring that has been worn by me and all of my siblings and nieces and nephews. family tradition and all that. we were outside so we tied a ribbon on the ring to secure it on her finger, just in case. truth be told, her lil finger was so fat, i had a hard time getting the lil ring off. :)
another cute pic.
with proud grandparents. it was bright. everyone was squinty. :)

new family photo. and everyone looks pretty darn good. it was, overall, a lovely day. friends came from near and far. none of them got photographed for some odd reason. but we still love them anyway. i think the reason was that i was too busy stuffing my face with all the good food my mom made to snap any pics.

now for some fun:

i have no idea why this photo was taken, or what is going on exactly, but there seems to be a lot of backstory happening.
ditto. i don't know if i'm giving the thumbs up or using another finger to try to get something off her face. i just thought it was funny.


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I have to say that Hadley is looking very Candace-like in the family photo... as for the non-scary pic below, I like to cut out little devil horns or a pirate eye patch or something so Jake and I (in the pic Alan painted) can join the festivities :)

mindi said...

oh, she is sooo pretty in her little dress. i think she looks a bit like xan-butter. super cute.

Chiemi said...

I am LOVING her blessing gown. she is such a doll.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! ...LOVE the vintage blessing dress. ...And may I say Candace... you are already looking very svelte!