Wednesday, October 29, 2008

halloween slacker

on friday, the kids and i all dressed up and went to our ward's "trunk or treat" activity. alan was out of town so getting myself and 3 kids there, all in costume, was quite a feat. however, my super-mom powers failed me miserably when i realized i had left the camera at home. :(

and there were some awesome photo-ops!

alexander's robot costume won 1 of 2 coveted prizes in the kid's costume category.

hadley lit up every time someone called her "snow white".

ruby looked adorable sleeping in her witchy-poo costume, complete with hat.

and i won 1 of 2 coveted prizes in the adult costume category. (uh, that's adult as in "grown-up", not as in "adult" ;) )

i had already taken off some of my jewerly and was about to lose the eyebrows when i decided i should snap a couple halloween self-portraits since i do it every year and will not be dressing up this friday. (so pathetic, i know)

i went as frieda kahlo



the real deal
lil me


and the mugshot.
updates and pics of the kids after halloween!

6 comments:

A Crone's Life said...

Candace -- that costume is AWESOME. Who would have thought to do as Frida Kalo. You rock!!!

P.S. - Of course, you learned everything from me, right?

Lindsey said...

Unfortunately the only thing I know about that person is that Salma Hayek played her in a movie :) You look just like her though!

Katri said...

Hadley made a very cute and a very convincing Snow White. And I loved the robot. Very creative!!

Chiemi said...

That is AWESOME!

Laura said...

You are my Halloween costume idol.

Shelley Jones said...

Great costume, Candace! You even captured that inexplicable something behind her eyes.